Otherwise known as I’m blurry eyed typing a nonsensical design breakdown at 2 am Wednesday morning so that I post in time for the 7 am weekly deadline and not break the rules of the ORC sisterhood.
For those that don’t know (who are you people?) The One Room Challenge, it is a 6 week event where 20 design professionals transform a room and document the entire process on their blogs with updates every Wednesday. The creator, Linda of Calling It Home, has rounded up an incredible group of talent this year and I’m dying to see everyone’s reveals.
If you recall, I was in Florida the majority of the week for my best friend’s wedding, so……not a ton of design work was done on my end. There was, however, a lot of eating and drinking done and now that I’m back in cold, rainy St. Louis all I want to do is sleep the day away. But design never sleeps my friends , design never sleeps!
The One Room Challenge must go on!
- The biggest headache is still the bed. I literally have no clue when it is being delivered and now the VF Basic customer service department hates me. If VF Basic and I were friends on Facebook we would be in a “Complicated Relationship”
- One of my AMAZING readers (who doesn’t even live in St. Louis!) was following my bed stressing sent me the most drool worthy Craigslist ad I’ve ever seen…. BEHOLD! Yes. Not only a brass canopy bed, but also a set of burl wood nightstands. But…it gets better…..A brass and burl dresser. I cant make this stuff up people. All of that brassy/burl sexiness for $700. $700!!!!!!!!!! Four major pieces!!!!!!!! I didn’t know what was going where or for who but I was looking at this listing on my phone in the Tampa International Airport jumping up and down thinking about how lucky I am and how everything always works itself for me, literally fighting back tears. Everything was meant to be. The Design Gods were smiling on me. It was a beautiful moment. I immediately called and e-mailed and called and e-mailed and called and e-mailed the lister saying I was overnighting a check and I would arrange delivery ASAP. And by about the fifth call, they picked up………………………………..and the listing had sold 11 days earlier. And that’s all I’m going to say about that………………………………………..
- This originally selected nightstand that I was so hot for…….
4. Primer and moldings are up and crown is prepped thanks to Architectural Elements….
5. My beloved mantle has arrived. In pieces. But it’s here
Next week there will be gorgeous art selections and beautiful books to see, so please stop by again next week. In the meantime, check out my partners in design crimes current status…….these ladies are my idols.
Abby M. Interiors | Because It’s Awesome | Bijou & Boheme | Chinoiserie Chic | The Decorista | Design Chic | Design Darling | Design Indulgence | Design Manifest | House of Turquoise | Jana Bek Design | Jill Sorensen | Maddie G. Designs | Mimosa Lane | A Piece of Toast | The Pink Pagoda | Stone Textile | Waiting on Martha | The Zhush |Trademarked by Calling it Home